Saturday, July 29, 2006

The man of my dreams...

The man of my dreams has almost faded now.
The one I have created in my mind.
The sort of man each woman dreams of,
in the deepest and most secret reaches of her heart.
I can almost see him now before me.
What would I say to him if he were really here?
"Forgive me. I have never known this feeling.
I have lived without it all my life.
Is it any wonder, then, I failed to recognise you?
You, who brought it to me for the first time.
Is there any way that I can tell you how my life has changed?
Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me?
There is so much to say. I cannot find the words.
Except for these: I love you".
Such would I say to him if he were really here.

Elise McKenna
Somewhere in Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home